18 March 2011

Our 30 day skin challenge: The hunt for perfect skin!

Last week Friday, I paid Boo! Coco a visit as I refer to her as my "witch doctor". This is because she has the answers to anything beauty or health related and she likes to do it the natural way!
So it was only fitting that I had to visit her to get her expert advice on how to get improve my skin. I told her my problems; how I wanted clear skin, to eliminate my blackheads and fade dark marks and she suggested that I get....
  • Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) which is converted to salicylic acid and is in found in most face washes as it effectively exfoliates the skin.
  • Biocarbonate of soda- also good at exfoliating the skin.
  • Lemon- to fade the dark marks.
  • Apple cider vinegar- to get rid of blackheads.
  • Grapeseed oil- to combat oily skin.
  • Yogurt/milk- they contain lactic acid so they are good for removing dead skin cells.
So we went armed with our list to Tesco. Yes Tesco! I forgot to say Boo! likes to do things the natural and also cheap way lol. So off we went to Tesco with our shopping list. Looking for juicy lemons! Shopping in Tesco. Here's what we got... In total, I spent £2.02! I also got face pads but unfortunately they didn't have either grapeseed oil or cider vinegar so we headed to the 99p shop, thinking we might find some there and instead we found Witch pore strips and a facemask containing jasmine and green tea (jasmine and green tea are good for the skin because they calm it). All for 99p each! So in total, I spent, wait for it... £3.99! £3.99 in total on skincare! You can't even get a face-wash for that much these days! Diva xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment