20 March 2011

30 Day Skin Challenge: oil be gone

I'm cheap! Yeah I said it. I'm cheap and proud. So when I decided to do the 30 day skin challenge I had to dig deep down in my bag full of cheap tricks and tips. I'm going to share a few tips I use to balance out my skin. Hopefully it will help.
1. Like removes like.....
Do you remember that science lesson when you were told like removes like? Well Ms. Mendez was right. If you have excess oil then I suggest Oil Cleansing Method. You may have heard of it before. A method that uses 30% castor oil and 70% sunflower seed oil to cleanse the skin. You take a mixture of oils and massage it into the skin for a few minutes then steam your face for about ten minutes, wipe off any excess oil and use 50% Apple cider vinegar and 50% H20 as a toner and if your face isn't as smooth as a babies budunki then you can slap me twice and call me Cleatus.
2. Make up.... don't break out
The next tip for you oily girls out there may seem a lil strange, but work with me on this okay. So you want to put on your make up but you know by the time it hits 12 you are the shinest belle at the ball. So to stop that from happening get a bottle of Milk of Magnesia (hey I told you to work with me on this okay) shake the bottle up and put a little on a cotton pad and swipe it around your face, once dried put on your foundation as normal and see if your skin dares to even pretend its going to shine.
(Caution: I can testify to this with liquid foundation but use with powdered foundation at own risk......and get back to me on how it works)
3. Cassius Clay
Bentonite Clay is the bomb. Its a natural derived clay sometimes called volcanic clay absorbs oil at an amazing rate. If I have a little pimple that just won't leave I mix up a little Bentonite clay with milk ( lactic acid) Apple cider vinegar and an aspirin or two and boy does it get rid if those little pest. However you must be aware that aspirin is pure salicylic acid which makes the skin
Til next time extremely sensitive to sunlight so don't use it to often and use sunscreen if your going out in the daytime
Deuce Silly gooses x

0 comments:

Post a Comment