29 March 2010

Who Are The Major Cock Blocks?!

I just wanted to to hit the topic of cockblocking which was previously mentioned by Stace.
Friday Night, we went out to celebrate the born day of one of our fave male fairies. The night was great. However, throughout the night, there were a few moments where I would take a break from dancing and observe what was going on around me. One thing I noticed was the guys game playin', on how they'd seduce / try and chat up a girl. I saw it happen many times that night... and most of the time it was that one same guy moving to a different girl every 5 minutes! (ok... I exaggerate, but you get my drift).
So, what they'd do is make eye contact with the girl first/get her attention, then move near to her dancing, make conversation (though I doubt anything too deep as the music is too loud -so I'm guessing a compliment of some sort) then out comes the phone to retrieve the girls number... WHAM BHAM BOB'S YOUR UNCLE!!!!
Anyways, so the night ended and we are all making our way home and we notice one of our male friends had reeled in a prey... we are happy for him, so we get excited amongst ourselves.
He gets his number and we continue our journey... then he calls us a bunch of cockblocks (the girls) - due to our excitedness.
Now..... the definition of a cockblock according to the urban dictionary is...
''To interfere with someone who is getting acquainted with, conversing with, or hooking up with a member of the opposite sex ''
Now... he ended up getting the girls number and even conversing with her a little, one on one on the way home.... if we were mean...well... you know lol.
But thinking about it... I kinda agree with him. Going out with the opposite sex /group of the opposite sex is actually a big cockblock to yourself. You would not get approached as an individual may assume that one of the members of your group is your boyfriend/girlfriend. Better yet... the person you are trying to score may seem a little bit intimidated by your friend/group of friends, which may cause them to be a little stand offish...I would.
Also... I figured out who is the biggest cockblock in my life......
MYSELF!
I complain about why I'm still single (other than by choice) and that finding a guy is hard...etc;
But really and truly... when I sit and think about it, I am the biggest cockblock to myself. I do get approached but most often, I assume the guy is practically waste, and never really give them a chance.... However... I'm changing this... though if you actually do look seriously waste.. don't even think of looking my way...
Night Amiga's
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment