21 February 2011

The "Frill" Of Fashion

Elie Tahari Spring/Summer 2011

As stated in my previous post – (Spring/Summer 2011 Fashion trends), I am absolutely loving the 70’s inspired looks.

If you had told me 6 months ago that I would be even considering putting of wide legged / flared patterned trousers, fringed jackets/shorts and super-sized, mama-jamma chunky hill, I would have told you to go some where with that silly talk.

But slowly, the look has been growing on to me, and day by day I’ve loved it more and more.Specifically speaking, I really love the frill’s or some would say pleats. I already own a layered frilly top (bought from H&M a couple of years ago) which I absolutely love and even more so now as it is right on trend.

The frills work for me not only because I am a frill seeker (hahahah you see what I did there), but also because I am a little petite in size and I feel I have a boyish figure. So putting on some frills, especially on my bottom half, can not only just give me that girly twang I sometimes lack, but also give the illusion of wider hips. – YES I HAVE BEEN OVER WATCHING GOK THIS SEASON….SO KILL ME!

Here are my top 3 Topshop “frills”;

Peacock Print Wrap Skirt Floral Jersey Shorts by Rare** Tan Gathered Empire Maxi Dress

0 comments:

Post a Comment